Conclusion is one of the difficult parts in an essay. In writing, you need to keep in mind that the conclusion must be remembered by your readers, making them think. Keep in mind that it is the best part of your paper. So, how to end a personal statement? For tips on how to come up with the perfect conclusion, see the following post.
What Should Conclusion Consist of
The conclusion of your personal statement should provide the essay of completeness, stress the importance of thesis statement and leave a good impression to readers. It is important that your conclusion will answer the question “so what?”
Here are some of the things that your personal statement should consist of:
- Include short summary of main points of your personal statement
- Ask provocative question
- Use quotation
- Call for sort of action
- Evoke vivid image
- Compare other situations
- End with a winning statement
- Suggest consequences or results
Tips on How to End a Personal Statement
- Synthesize and do not summarize: In your personal statement, you should not repeat things in your paper. Your readers already read your paper. You need to show your points that you have made as well as examples and support that you have used.
- Redirect readers: Make sure that you give your readers something that they will think about. If you have personal statement that started from general to specific, then your conclusion must go from specific to general. Be sure that you think globally so that you have a good ending.
- Make new meaning: You do not need to provide new details in making a new message because you can already make a new one by demonstrating how your ideas work together. In most cases, the sum of your paper is worthier than its other parts are.
- Summary: In writing the conclusion, you need to give a summary of what you have written. Make sure that you write in complete statement for the readers to understand what you are talking or writing about.
- Positive note: In some instances, it is better to end your personal statement with positive note because it will be remembered by your readers. Keep in mind that you need to inspire or convince your readers that is why you need to have a good ending by using positive note.
- Do not present new ideas: In your conclusion, you should not give new ideas. If you present new ideas in your conclusion, then it will not be good to read. In the last paragraph, you just need to sum up what you have tackled. New ideas is not a suggestion to do in your conclusion because what better to do is to present what readers must know.
- Never apologize: Never apologize at the end of your paper. Whatever you write in your personal statement, it is your choice and you just want to share. The information you write is based on your experiences or your life. Your readers are just reading it and will allow them to know you more that is why you should never apologize.
- Brief: Your conclusion must be brief and not too long. Keep in mind that it is the last part of your essay that is why making it short is suggested.
- Clear: Do not end your personal statement boring. Your essay must be clear and easy to understand.
Many students are having a hard time in ending their personal statement because they do not know what they should do, but you are lucky because this page helps you on what you need to do in the last part of your essay. In writing the conclusion, it must be brief, interesting, do not present new ideas and must be clear.